Thursday, April 3

Motivation Musings

The past couple days I've been pondering where a person's motivation comes from - because some days, I definitely lack it. I came to the conclusion that it comes from the people around us, and inside ourselves. Simple enough... we are motivated by the people we love, the people we want to impress, the people we want to show up. We do things to better their lives or change their opinion of us. But where does self motivation come from? What motivates us to do things for ourselves? Some days, I wake up ready to go, hit up the day, be the best me that I can be, etc, etc. Other days, I just don't care. I suppose that self-motivation comes from a sense of pride in who we are and what we can accomplish, or have accomplished. But how do you find that, on the days when you just don't want to get out of your nice, warm bed? I had more thoughts on this, but they got muddled in my head. Oh, I've also determined that sleep has a lot to do with motivation.

rabbit trail---> Speaking of sleep, did you know that regularly getting less than 6 hours or more than 9 hours of sleep can cause you to gain weight? Interesting, hey? Random fact of the day. <---end of rabbit trail

I think that a large part of the reason I often don't feel motivated to do certain things, here, is because there aren't people I know in my day-to-day face-to-face life. I have great connections and communication with home (which plays a huge role in my motivation, I think) - but as far as face-to-face interaction, on a daily basis, it's pretty limited. So that leaves a lot up to self-motivation. I've never needed to motivate myself before, I am usually just motivated.

Well I'm off to work...feeling half motivated, today. :) We'll see what I can accomplish! I think this post was a little strange and ramble-y, but I'll post it anyways. Sometimes rambling is good?

1 comment:

canadasue said...

Rambling is good... very very good.
a gentle way to be tender with one's soul.