Sunday, March 23

Broken Elevator

I've never been in an elevator when the cables have broken and it plunged down into the deep dark depths of the earth (although I did go on a ride that pretended to) - but if you put that into emotional terms, that pretty much describes my last week. The week started alright, but for some reason, as each day went by, my mood and motivation (or lack thereof) went down like the elevator. I had Thursday off, and I spent the day cooking, watching TV, crocheting, and being really moody. To myself, because there is no one else to be moody to.

Rabbit Trail: I've picked up crocheting again, and I'm actually really enjoying it. I learned to crochet when I was quite young, and did a fair bit before I got too busy. The only problem now is that I've found so many awesome patterns to do, I can't decide what to do, first! My crocheting is bordering on obsession. When I lose all motivation, I just want to sit on my bed and brood and be moody and crochet, crochet, crochet. I suppose there could be worse things.

Anyways - so once Friday came around, I didn't feel like doing anything, seeing anyone, or going anywhere. But, some coop students from Tokyo came down for the weekend, and there was a going away dinner for the majority of the coop students (who are returning to Canada), so I figured I should get up on Saturday and do something. So I did, and it turned out to be a good thing (not that I was surprised).

No comments: