Tuesday, March 25

I don't know what to call this one :)

Today was beautiful and sunny again! I got to sleep in because I was meeting my boss at Kyoto Station for a meeting at Kyoto University about one of my projects. The meeting was attended by a few professors (from Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo Universities) and by a couple industry professionals. There was also a Russian researcher (the main reason for the meeting). He and my boss gave presentations. Since the common language was English, it was all in English! It was great to know exactly what was going on, for once!

After the meeting (which was really interesting), some of us went out for lunch. Again - since the Russian researcher came - all in English! We went to a high-class Kyoto hotel for a delicious steak meal. I felt good in my new jacket (love it so much!), and decided that whatever career I end up in, it MUST include high-class lunches with clients! The food, the atmosphere, and the company was a lot of fun and made for a great lunch.

I got the rest of the day off (yay!), and stopped at Osaka Station on my way home for some random shopping and wandering in the sunshine. Once I got back to the dormitory, I took an hour-and-a-half bike ride for some exercise. I'm not sure if my butt hurt from the long ride, or the super uncomfortable seat - but it was probably both! I felt good after, though. Had some supper, and now I'm watching a movie and crocheting! (Found a great site to watch movies for free, online)

My crocheting is bordering on obsession. Gotta do it gotta finish more more more. If I seem to disappear or cut off all communication, look for the geyser of doilies and granny squares coming out of Osaka. Actually, I'm using thread, so they take a long time and there's not that many.

No comments: