Sunday, May 25

Party of one, please.

I woke up, and decided that it should be an extraordinary day of pleasure. Why? It's my birthday! And birthdays should always be fun.

In the spirit of pleasure, I laid in bed until I got tired of laying in bed, and wanted some breakfast. And may I say - breakfast was delicious. I had two chocolate swirled crepes, filled with fresh fruit. One fruit was on a bed of smooth and creamy tofu, the other a crunchy bed of sweet Frosted Flakes. I enjoyed breakfast along with a beautiful card and encouraging letter from my Grandma Wilson. I used my birthday money to buy some books I've been wanting...they'll be waiting for me when I get home (I can't wait!)


Fresh Fruit-Filled Chocolate-Swirled Crepes


After breakfast, I relaxed for a couple hours and chatted with family and friends - via MSN and Skype. At 11 o'clock, I headed out for a birthday swim. After my swim, I relaxed in the steam room, had a long shower, and spent 20 wonderful minutes in the massage chair.

I had lunch at a cute little cafe and opened my presents from my Mom & Dad, and Gran & Grandpa. I got a book that I am now dying to read, my favorite scent - in lotion and body wash, new socks (There's absolutely nothing better than new socks. If I could I would never wear socks twice.), and a cute shirt - along with Happy Birthday cards and wishes.


Presents, Birthday Sandwiches and a Milkshake


I sat in the stone square, in the shade beside the fountain and started my book. After a chapter and a chocolate birthday cake snack, I biked back to the dormitory.


Birthday Cake & A Good Book - Nothing could be better!


I'm watching a Nancy Drew movie - just for old times sake. I loved Nancy Drew, growing up - and read all the books I could get my hands on. Supper is in the oven, and may I say - it looks like it will be delicious!



Baked Eggplant & Beans


My birthday was extraordinary, despite the solitude. I connected with lots of family and friends, ate delicious food, and got wonderful presents. I am 21 years old, and I am living on my own in Japan. I have many people who support me in everything I do, and encourage me at every turn. Sometimes, life is tough. But it's also extraordinary.

PS - I was right. Supper was amazingly delicious. Wish I could offer you a taste test on the blog! :)

*Click on any of the photos for a (very much) larger version

2 comments:

canadasue said...

Hey "Much-Loved-One"...
Your solitary celebration seemed one of gratitude and joy at the best gift ever... LIFE! I am happy your strong spirit is in the world... may your inner journey continue to reflect the wonder of your outer journey! you are amazing... I want your eggplant recipe! May have to add it to our breakfast menu... tee hee...

P.O.M. said...

Happy late birthday - sounds like you had a great one!